You will meet your anaesthetist before your operation to discuss your anaesthetic and to perform a relevant examination. This may occur in our consultation rooms or in the hospital on the day of surgery.
- Go to Pre-operative Assessment page.
Important information to tell your anaesthetist include
- Previous operations and whether there were any problems with anaesthesia.
- Any serious complications experienced by family (blood relatives) during anaesthesia.
- Abnormal reactions to medications and any allergies.
- Medical problems or any recent illnesses. Especially of interest is heart disease and breathing problems.
- List any medications that you are taking. Bring all your prescribed medications into hospital.
- If you suffer from acid reflux or heartburn.
- If you have had a Laparoscopic Gastric Band (Lap Band) or other weight loss surgery.
- Loose teeth, capped teeth, dentures, veneers or bonding.
- Any other concerns.